Monday 22 June 2009

Words You Love To Hate

Don't you have any words you just love to hate? I do. Quite a few, in fact. I would like to hear about your pet hates! I'll start with this:
w00t /wu:t/
I mean, how many words do you know that include 1 integer let alone 2, eh?
It is claimed to have originated from the online gaming world and/or hackers speak. Basically, it is used to express joy as in Whoopee! The 2 zeros stem from the growing tendency to use the numbers keypad to represent words, e.g. l8 (late) and m8 (mate).

1 comment:

  1. You're unlikely to pass a day now without seeing or hearing the word 'tweet'. As a noun, it means an entry posted on the microblogging service Twitter. As a verb, it means to post a tweet. Any tweeters out there? Not me.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.