Thursday 24 February 2011

Conditional Type 2 with Norah Jones

The Fall Fall (Deluxe Edition) (Incl. Bonus Live EP)Not Too Late

Here's a simple beautiful song by the equally beautiful Norah Jones.  Look at the word cloud - all the lyrics are there - and see if you can put the words in the order in which Norah sings. You can click on the image to see a larger version.

As you probably already know, we use the conditional sentence type 2 to talk about conditions that, although possible, are not likely to be fulfilled:

If I had an iPad, I would use it in class.
If I used it in class, I would create a commotion.

Once you've managed to get the lyrics, try to interpret the song. Do you like the song? Why/Why not? Who is she singing to? Does she need him? Have you ever felt that way?

For teachers, you can use this other activity to practise the second conditional, too.

Chiew's CLIL EFL ELL ESL ESOL TEFL Games Activities Resources

2 comments:

  1. I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your blog and detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here

    Education Consultants Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a pleasure reading it. I have bookmarked it and I will show it to my friend, she is a huge fan of this subject.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.